Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A lovely Year.. to Finish!

No, I'm not ready to end 2013!! hehe .. As mentioned last post I have entered A Lovely Year of Finishes .. I am excited to do this.. Not only will it motivate me to finish some long lost projects I have collected , but to   expand my sewing skills and learn how to quilt..a small lap quilt.. SOMETIME this year I will make a quilt top! I will ................I will. My mom is the quilter in this family and I want to at least continue the tradition . I use to help my Grandma tie the little yarn bits on the quilts the old fashion way of "quilting" the blocks down. I don't even know if I said all that right LOL
I am going to start with making a purse.. I need a new one..again.. Yes I am girl, I have to have many many purses!!!
I decided to do the Island Bag tote from Ala Mode pattern. Actually I will do 2! The fabric is some fun stuff I bought for a custom Kindle case awhile back and needed to use it up.. Tomorrow I'm going fabric shopping to get lining and my second choice of fabrics.. 
I think there is still time to join this fun sew along! Come ooooooon!! DO EEEETTTTTT!!!
Oh I went to see The Hobbit.. LOVED IT!



suzee

7 comments:

  1. You saw the hobbit too? I saw the version that is not razor sharp. Hubs saw it twice. He said the razor sharp version is better. Anyways, I found the movie too draggy. I should start making bags soon myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! I'm glad you picked something =D
    I can't wait for The Hobbit to come out on DVD so I can watch it over and over and over....lol. Maybe I'll have to see it in the theater again...three times isn't too many, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzee! Happy New Year! It was great to see you in your last post :-D Oh, I love purses, too! I already have too many of them, but I actually just bought a new one on Christmas Eve...lol! Looking forward to seeing your tote bags and enjoy fabric shopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sachiko! Thank you and Happy new year to you too! Thanks for stopping by and can't wait to see your other inserts you make = )

      Delete
  4. This is such a great idea to motivate you. I'm looking forward to seeing your lovely finishes. That bag looks really cool! I want to see the Hobbit. I just saw that Sasha has seen it 3 times! It must be good!.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the movie review. =) The owls will make a great bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! and the bag is finished .. i love it = )

      Delete

Come on.. don't be shy.. leave a comment.. love to hear from you!