Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Momma's Quilt!!

My mom has been working on this quilt for awhile.. Its finally coming together. I believe I put a picture sometime back with out the flowered part on it. I love those big red flowers! She is so good with colors!  It still needs quilted. But the hard part is done! (well to me piecing it together is the hard part).
Also the white part along the bottom is not part of the quilt. Shes placed it to take this picture over another quilt.
I wonder who is getting this one??? I hear a sister fight ahead!!!


Also I made a couple of things for my mom for Mother's Day.

 This is a clear vinyl pouch with a zippered closure. I like the little owls peeking out :) I filled it with bandaids and lotion and wet wipes. Its little enough to put in your purse . I got the tutorial on a craft site and for the life of me can NOT find that site! I'm sorry in advance to not giving credit for this one. I printed the tute out but didn't mark the name. As soon as I find it I will post that!


I made this "rug mug" out of some scraps, and the binding is from my mom. She made me alot of it awhile back! And my favorite is the boogy tissue holder.. I found the material at Joann's in the remnant  bin (alot of it!). It's soft cotton and looks like lined paper!! I want to make some pencil cases or a art case from it in the future! My embroidery isn't too hot.. the letters ran out of room near the end.. but its says You have a boogy. :)

My mothers day I was sick :( But did get to cook a good meal and had my mom and my son with his daughter, Zoey over.

I also picked a mess of fresh lettuce out of my garden! Now if only my tomatoes and cucumbers would catch up! 
NOTE:
I found a cute little site that I have to share.. http://ahhh-design.com/
I'm wanting to try to make those cute little cardboard binders she has. I love stuff like that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on.. don't be shy.. leave a comment.. love to hear from you!